Wanderings and connections through the notion of city and space, juxtaposing the following elements:
– Self-produced photo series Carthago
(Qart-hadašt) «The New City», 2011
– Text: The Invisible Cities, Italo Calvino, 1972
– Typeface: GoldenType by William Morris, author of News from Nowhere.
– Creation of an alphabet which letters are architectural plans or views of utopian cities, existing or imagined.
– Screenshots from Red Wood Pigeon, film
by Nanni Moretti, 1989.
But the freedom given by the mass media to
so many cultures [...] has believed the very ideal
of a transparent society. What could freedom of information, or even the existence of more than one radio or TV channel, mean in a world where the norm is the exact reproduction of reality, perfect objectivity, the complete identity of map and territory? In actual fact, the increase in possible information on the myriad forms of reality makes it increasingly difficult to conceive of a single reality. It may be that in the world
of the mass media a ‘prophecy’ of Nietzsche’s
is fulfilled: in the end the true world becomes
— Gianni Vattimo, The Transparent Society
Dimensions: Pocket size, 60g paper,
blue-print simulation, glue-binding.